Tuesday, November 13, 2012

DC Weekend

I got back around 11pm last night after a fantastic weekend in DC. Shoutout to Karen and Sara for welcoming with open arms and entertaining me all weekend.


Friday night, I left work and went straight to the airport.  My flight landed at eight thirty and Karen was there waiting to pick me up.  I felt bad because Karen lives in Baltimore and I flew in and out of Reagan, so it was kind of a hike.  We drove home and then proceeded to talk until like one in the morning.  Such girls. :)  It's funny because I talk to Karen all of the time, but it was so nice to have her sitting across from me. 

Saturday, we went into Baltimore and met Caitlin for lunch and just hung out by the inner harbor. I absolutely love the inner harbor and it was the perfect fall day. It definitely made me miss the mid-Atlantic.  We came back and had crabs with Karen's parents and then went to Karen's friend's apartment back downtown.  We hung out a little bit before going out downtown.  It was SO much fun.  I haven't been out like that since I left Boston and I miss it.  We stayed out until like two, got pizza as we headed home and then passed out.  I absolutely loved it. 

Sunday, we drove to DC and sat at a Starbucks for a while as we waited for my friend Sara.  It felt really nice to be back in a major city.  I could definitely see myself living in DC.  I think I just love the city and having everything right there.  Plus, there are a million people around and always something to do. I loved it.  Sara met us around two and took me to her house to drop off my stuff.  Afterwards, we walked around the city and caught up. I haven't seen her in over a year and, like Karen, even though I talk to her pretty regularly, it was so nice to be with her in person. We cooked dinner at her house and watched a movie before going to bed.  

Monday, my flight didn't leave until 7:45, so we had all day together.  We went to the News-eum, which is the coolest museum ever!  I had never been before, so I was fascinated.  I thought the coolest exhibit was the September 11th exhibit because they had all of the newspapers from around the world from September 12th, as well as the radio tower from atop the World Trade Center. It was so cool.  They had also updated it so they had all of the tweets and newspaper articles from the election.  So freaking cool. The whole museum was awesome, especially the events that I can remember.  I could have spent the entire day there, but we had to go so I could catch my flight.  

I loved every minute of this weekend.  Catching up with good friends, life in a major city, it all felt so right.  I miss it already and am counting down the days until Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for my friends and all of the memories we have together.  
The inner harbor in Baltimore in the fall
FALL!!
1036 reunion!  Anna we missed you!
Obama on top of a Paris map.  What more could I ask for?
LOVE the Obamas!
Atop the News-eum with a beautiful view of our capital
Love the @TheFix tweet.  Love Sasha and Malia!
Merms! love you so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment