Thursday, December 31, 2015

2016 Resolutions

I'm all about New Year's Resolutions and goal setting, so I always get kind of excited about New Year's Resolutions.  Last year, I wanted to read 15 books, which I did with a month to spare.  It was a good resolution because I knew I had to read at least one book a month with a few extras in there.  It kept me reading when it would have been easy to just peruse Facebook or read another Buzzfeed article (why are they so addicting???).

I saw this list and was inspired to make a list of 100 little things to do in 2016.  That didn't happen, mainly because I couldn't think of 100 things to do, but I did come up with 25. We'll see if they actually all get done, but it will hopefully serve as good motivation to do all of those things that I've wanted to do or get done for a while, as well as some new things I want to try.  I want to try and be more productive with the time I spend just lounging around, which I think is ultimately my goal for 2016.  I know some people do a word for the year and I guess if I were doing that, my word would be productivity.  I've tried to break them up into categories to keep me more organized, but when I originally did this, it was just a random list.

Intellectual
  1. read 20 books! eek! upping the game this year. It's definitely manageable, but I'll have to stay on top..  I want one of these books to be in Turkish (Harry Potter?), which will add an extra level of intensity to this, but I'm hoping that by the end of the year, my Turkish will be at a level where this is achievable. 
  2. Watch 30 Ted Talks.
  3. Speak Turkish outside of class more often.
Food
  1. Make 2-3 Whole 30 meals a month (Definitely not ready to do it all the way, mainly because Mike would starve, but I want to make more Whole 30 meals)
  2. Learn how to make some Turkish foods.
  3. Try a new recipe each week we're home cooking.
  4. Make tortillas from scratch
  5. Learn to make eggs benedict
  6. Make my own hummus
  7. Stop drinking Diet Coke at home
  8. Only eat sweets on the weekends or when we're travelling
Fitness
  1. Run a 8k (even if it's just at the gym)
  2. Get 10,000 steps every day for a month
  3. Get 35,000 steps one day
  4. Complete five 30 day fitness challenges
Other
  1. Print out my blog into a book.
  2. Grow some sort of plant.
  3. Learn how to use our camera better.
  4. Write an email/letter to someone every day for 30 days
  5. Do 365 gratitude jar
  6. Pray more.
  7. Shop less at the commissary and more on the economy
  8. wear my hair down at least 3 days a week
  9. Take at least one picture with me and Mike in it every day we're travelling
  10. Find something to go on our wall by our bookshelf

This seems like a lot, but I think it's manageable since a lot of the things are things I enjoy or are a small enough resolution that I could do them in a day or a week.  In the past, I've made a few HUGE resolutions, but never stick to them.  I like doing resolutions that are smaller and can be done in a month or so.  We'll see how this works.  

What are your resolutions?  Do you do them?  

No comments:

Post a Comment