Monday, September 4, 2017

Reintegration to the United States

Our month of reintegration to the United States is ending tomorrow when Mike goes back to work (it's actually school), but we've had a BLAST traveling around the East Coast.  

I wish I could say we traveled light, but who am I kidding? We maxed out our checked bag and carry on limit, bringing our total number of bags to eleven plus a stroller and a car seat and I'm not even sorry about it.

We made sure to stop in Philly and catch up on our Chick Fil A and Philly Cheese Steaks.






We landed in Norfolk on August 5th and spent ten days in Virginia Beach at my parents' house.  We recovered from jet lag while my parents and brothers snuggled with Finn.  A win/win for everyone.



My two favorite ND fans!

I visited Target more times than most people would deem necessary, but I definitely needed to go.



One of the major highlights of being home was the baby shower that my aunt and my mom threw so that everyone could meet Finn.  








I went to the barn with my mom and got lots of snuggles with Sully Monster.  


We got to go down to North Carolina and see Mike's Mom's new river house. 


"Mom, why are you making me look so ridiculous?"



Tucker the dog has his own float.

We watched the five boat regatta


 We headed north to Washington, DC for another ten days, where Finn got to meet a whole new group of friends and family.

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, outdoor
Olmsted does DC!
We went to the American History Museum where Finn ran for president. He has my vote!

 Finn got to meet his great grandmother Mimi

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting and baby
Four generations!!

Finn and Mike spent some time lounging


And, despite this picture, had lots of fun meeting Rachel


He went to his first major league baseball game and watched the Nationals crush the Mets! PS there is an AWESOME breast feeding room in Nats stadium!! I'd go to a game just to hang out in that room!



Finn was too into the game to smile for pictures.


And our last stop before heading to our new home in Connecticut was in Maryland, so Finn had to bust out his crab outfit.  We had fun hanging out with Karen and the Degenhards eating crabs and catching up. 


He loves his aunt Karen!

Needless to say, we had a ton of fun traveling around Virginia catching up with all of the people we have missed over the past two years.  We are definitely glad to be back in the USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment